Greenwell Springs, LA –DEMCO website provides COVID-19 specific resources, information, and hyperlinks for business and residential members at DEMCO.org/member-services/everything-our-power.
It’s important to get information in front of everyone especially during these financially challenging times.
“We’ve compiled and categorized resources for our business and residential members, so they can have easy access and links to information that can help them during COVID-19,” says David Latona, DEMCO Vice President of Marketing and Member Services. “There’s a lot of information out there, so these lists are not all comprehensive – but there are so many resources available and we hope this helps our members.”
For DEMCO Business Members
- Employees First Program
- Baton Rouge Area Foundation Emergency Relief Fund
- Capital Area United Way COVID-19 Community Relief Fund
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Guidance for Businesses & Employers
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Resources for Businesses
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Guide
- Louisiana Economic Development Resources for Impacted Businesses
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- Small Business Development Center COVID-19 Small Business Resources
- Louisiana Small Business Development Center
- Supporting Small Businesses – CARES Act
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
- FEMA Emergency Preparedness Resources for Businesses
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Rural Business Development Grants
- Louisiana Loan Portfolio Guaranty Program
- Louisiana Workforce Commission
- Louisiana Association of Business and Industry
- Louisiana Interim Guidance for Businesses & Employers
- Baton Rouge Business Report Coronavirus Advisory
- SBA Relief Available to Co-Ops, Small Businesses Amid COVID-19 Pandemic
- Keep Baton Rouge Shopping
- Keep Baton Rouge Serving
- Capital Area United Way Public Resource Directory
- Baton Rouge Area Chamber COVID-19 Business Resources
- Louisiana Housing Corporation Energy Assistance
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Guide & Checklist
- Small Business Owner’s Guide to the CARES Act
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- NRECA COVID-19 Fact Sheet
- Scams & Frauds
For DEMCO Residential Members
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Louisiana Department of Education Child Care Assistance
- Louisiana Major Disaster Declaration
- Governor’s Stay-at-Home FAQ Sheet
- Governor’s Essential Infrastructure Fact Sheet
- Louisiana Department of Health
- World Health Organization
- U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Louisiana 2-1-1 Network
- Louisiana Association of United Ways
- Capital Area United Way
- Louisiana Parish Virus Tracker
DEMCO continues to work hand-in-hand with our national electric co-op network, local industry and government leaders to ensure energy operations and infrastructure continue to be supported without disruption.
- DEMCO lobby and drive-thru services are closed through April 30th; drop boxes remain open.
- DEMCO member services call center is open Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- DEMCO offers non-touch payment methods 24/7/365 at DEMCO.org, through our free mobile app., and via the automated phone system 1-844-MyDEMCO (1-844-693-3626).
- DEMCO encourages members to pay what they can as they can, and to call us if a payment arrangement is needed at 1-844-MyDEMCO (1-844-693-3626) (select option 2 then option 3 for automated arrangements).
- DEMCO continues to work on new services, but will not energize permanent services unless a permit has been granted. DEMCO will energize temporary services if the appropriate government entity has waived the permit requirement, and the temporary service meets DEMCO guidelines. New services are currently being drawn and installed by DEMCO. We insist that our employees do not have any face to face meetings with the public.
- DEMCO website lists COVID-19 specific resources for Business Members and Residential Members, Energy Saving Tips, FAQs and News: www.DEMCO.org/member-services/COVID-19Resources