Business Operations Continue
Greenwell Springs, LA – Out of an abundance of caution due to the threat of COVID-19 - and for the health and safety of our members, employees and the general public - DEMCO drive-thru service and lobbies are closed until further notice. Dropboxes remain open at all district office locations.
"Our business operations will continue, including our field operations, dispatch center, and call center. We have activated our emergency response plan and do not anticipate any disruption in the service our members expect and deserve,” says Randy Pierce, DEMCO CEO and General Manager.
“Now more than ever, we want to empower our members to utilize the many member-services available to you - any time, day or night, seven days a week," says Pierce.
- Visit DEMCO.org to view your account, pay your bill, report and view outages, and to request help
- For helpful voice-response member-services call 1-844-MyDEMCO (1-844-693-3626).
- For cell phone users, download the free DEMCO mobile app for Apple and Android phones
- Learn about energy saving tips that can help you save money - DEMCO.org/memberservices/energy-use-and-your-bill
- Review our page ‘Response to COVID-19’ for information and answers to frequently asked questions - DEMCO.org/member-services/response-covid-19
DEMCO coordinates with others in the electric sector and the federal government to prepare for and respond to national-level disasters or threats to critical infrastructure. This includes scenarios such as pandemics that could impact the energy workforce.
“In order to keep the power flowing to the critical electrical infrastructure DEMCO is prepared to operate with a significantly smaller workforce, a threatened supply chain, and limited support services for an extended period,” adds Pierce.
DEMCO members are advised to be on the lookout for suspicious emails, phone calls, or persons impersonating business employees or charitable organizations.
“Unfortunately, scammers take advantage of people in times of distress," says David Latona, Vice President of Marketing and Member Services. "If you get a call from someone claiming to represent DEMCO and they make threats or demand immediate payment, hang up and call 1-844-MyDEMCO (1-844-693-3626).”