NEVER give out any payment or personal information, including Social Security number, bank account or credit card information.
DISCONNECTS FOR NON-PAYMENT:
You may receive a courtesy text if you are scheduled for disconnect, as a reminder to make a payment to avoid interruption of service.
TIPS TO IDENTIFY SCAMMERS:
- DEMCO will not call you to demand bill payment. Block the caller and report to local authorities.
- DEMCO will not text you to demand bill payment. Block the caller and report to local authorities.
- DEMCO will never visit your home or office to demand payment; we do not handle bill collection in this manner. Close the door and call local authorities.
- DEMCO will never give you direct instructions to pay your bill using a particular method in order to prevent disconnect. Any such contacts are not legitimate and only seek to steal from consumers.
- DEMCO uses recorded messages to inform members of scheduled outages for maintenance, scheduled right-of-way work, and other information of this nature.